You can follow the tutorial video of how to add your Kucoin API key to Coinigy here.
First navigate to Kucoin and register for an account.
1. Log in to your account
2. Once you are logged in, you will be able to see “Markets”, “Exchange”, “News” etc. on the top of the page. Navigate to the far right side of the page and select the profile icon. Next, select "API Management".
3. Then, click the blue “Create API” button.
4. After you select the "Create API" button, you will be redirected to this page. Enter a name for your API key and enter an API Passphrase that you wish to use. Press 'Confirm'.
Note: This API Passphrase is what you will use when adding the API key to Coinigy in step #9.
5. Next, enter your trading password (a six digit pin you created when you made your Kucoin account). Once you have done that, click the grey 'Send' button to receive your Email Verification Code. You can find the email below.
6. Copy your API key and secret. Make sure not to store the secret in an unsafe location once added to Coinigy. Kucoin only shows the secret on creating the key so be sure to hold on to it.
7. Press update and then insure "Trading authority" (but not "Withdrawals authority") is enabled.
8. Press "Save"
9. Your Kucoin trading API is now created and is ready to be added to Coinigy. When adding your Kucoin account to Coinigy, make sure you are entering your API Passphrase, not your 6 digit trading password. Note: This is the API Passphrase that you created in step #4.
If you get an error message saying "Kucoin balances have failed to update. There was an error communicating with Kucoin." please make sure that your assets are in your trading account on Kucoin and not just the main account.
Article is closed for comments.